Monday, January 10, 2011

The time has come

Welp, I started..... I wish I could say it was a great start. I started early at about 8:15 pm (so anxious...)


 I Actually dragged my feet. I am not sure what it was, but I just felt as if there was a lot going against me going into this. It was not a huge force, but I was at least able to fight through it and made it.

I Guess it is a blessing to say I made it through my first night of running and lifting.

I ended my night with blogging. I am about to go make my lunch for tomorrow (Chicken and Rice wrap with yogurt and water to drink, with a small bagging of something undecided.... I am actually excited!)

But more importantly I ended my night with a song that is really hitting home- Sometimes you can't make it on your own, by U2... It is hitting home because as I become further into this, I can't be hiding everything that I am going through. This is not just a get healthy kick, this is a time of reflection. Soon, I will have to decide what is going on after college. I am going to need a job, need a place to live, need a dog?... All I know is that there is a few road blocks, but many directions that must be explored.

The other huge reason I enjoyed that song is because I am surely realizing that I can't do this on my own. I need my friends and most importantly my family. It is a blessing to say I have a loving family.

So today's honesty, I do not want to do this, I am often comfortable hiding what I am really going through in my mind, but I know, Because Christ has died to set me free, I must truly be set free, even from the things I am hiding.

NOW, what I need from everyone is a song- Just send me a song or two so that I can listen to it while I am working out, or cooking, or walking to class. I need some of these songs to know that I have people around me, and so that I can be thinking about you all while I am doing any variety of tasks! ALSO, if you have a prayer request, e-mail me at casey.s.hayden@gmail.com

After writing this, i feel better! (Also if you get a chance, see Despicable me)

God Bless,
Casey

3 comments:

  1. Casey my dear,

    You are truly inspiring. Persevere, brother! I cannot wait to keep hearing about your journey. Here is a song that I LOVE, though I am partial to strong female singers... I don't think you'll mind :) Best of luck and know I am with you in spirit, praying for you, attempting to form healthy habits in my own life.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U37ecAFp1mg

    peace,

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    My favorite song of ALL time is Oh Come All Ye Faithful, especially Tomlin's version. Wherever I'm at ("Yahoo!" or "Oh God please help me!") this song makes my heart smile, focus on how sweet Jesus is, and remind me of the joy and victory we have as we walk with Him.
    I don't know how to send a song because yes, I'm that technologically challenged. Here it is on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiV3O8GziM&feature=related

    I thank God for you often Casey because of your willingness to be honest about your faith, boldness, and of course for your crazy humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey I'm a fan of your blog. Audrey Assad - For Love of You is a good one.. she's just generally good.
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete